The famous Mathias blog

LLANGAFF

Re: The famous Mathias blog

Post by LLANGAFF » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Although the Old Bowls Codger had stated that he wouldn't be blogging again until his term of office as the WCGBA President elect was over, he couldn't let this day pass without informing you of the sad news that an old friend who has been an integral part of my blogs since they commenced in 2015 has now departed.

Yes am afraid to say that although in the past not the most reliable of friends, the Codger s much maligned "Picasso" has now been despatched to the second hand scrap yard in the sky.

After years of personal torment waiting for Boss Man Stu to replace the Turbo Charger, the Air Ride Suspension Bag, the A B S Brake Pads and front wheel caliper, the final straw came last week when the dashboard light indicated an Anti Pollution fault.

So with the Boss Man's Dad, Tyre Man Gwyn saying I was throwing good money after bad and that I should buy a Kia, my old friend the Picasso' days were numbered. It was a sad farewell today therefore as the Picasso left me and I drove off in my new four wheeled friend, a Kia "Venga"

So goodbye old friend, especially as I now have to tell the Clog Man you've gone. He'll be gutted I know as he always felt like a Prince riding along in the front seat beside me.

RIP my old friend and if someone is foolish enough to buy you, I hope that you give them as much grief as you gave me over the last four years.
Last edited by LLANGAFF on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Glyn

Re: The famous Mathias blog

Post by Glyn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This becomes more evident as we grow older.
What we once may have thought was a work of art,
now because of age has fallen apart.
When we started out we might have looked like a Michelangelo,
but in the end I fear that we shall all become Picasso's.
Not afraid to put my name up like some on here. I also have a Hard earned Green Blazer