The famous Mathias blog

LLANGAFF

Re: The famous Mathias blog

Post by LLANGAFF » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 am

The Old Bowls Codger took the Clog Man for a spin in the Picasso last night to the Parc Villa Arena in Bethesda to watch the Cocklers A team taking on the Benllech "Tangerines" ( FYI it's the colour of their new bowling shirts), in the semi final of the Wednesday Night League Festival Cup. But as Clogsi was a bit hungry we had to stop off at Bethesda s Number 1 " Pyscod and Sglodion" chippy. And yes unfortunately the Codger did have a small bag of "Sglodion" ugh.

Captain Selectrical Hefin was a bit worried about Piers 007's poorly shoulder and insisted on him doing a pre match fitness test. Mind you thought 50 one handed press ups was a bit severe even though 007 did have 49 of them discounted as his stomach oblique muscles were no longer as taut as they should have been and constantly touched the ground. Anyway Selectrical was happy and passed him fit to play.

The match !!!. Well what can I say. It ended up being a "Little Big Horn" occasion with the words carnage, slaughter and massacre coming to mind. The Cocklers winning the match 10/0 and 168/66 on the combined aggregate. They had five wins with their opponents combined aggregate only reaching 21 in total.

Happy Harris played the Benllech "Songbird" but after going down by a point at the first end, Happy had Lynette plucked and trussed in fourteen ends as he beat her 21/1. Next up was Two Scoops Arfon who beat Ronnie Renard 21/2, although after ten ends of bowling the jack some 16 meters by Two Scoops, don't think Ronnie had heard of the "long tapes" call. Derek ( 83 and still got all his own hair) Stanley then came in with a 21/4 win, before Thommo put his 21/7 defeat against Tiger on the same green last week in the Gwynedd Cup behind him, to beat Potteries Pat 21/6. The last big winner was Honda Hornet lover Dafydd, who clearly must have felt he had the thrust of the 500cc engine between his legs as he came off a 21/8 winner against Alwyn Talwrn ( FYI it's a obscure little village in the middle of Anglesey)

Best performances by the Tangerines were by "Hello Hello.Hello " Martin ( and yes he's a policeman) who lost 17/21 to Selectrical, T C's little son Glyn who lost 16/21 to Beautiful Legs Timmy, who thankfully was not last night wearing his Don Estelle shorts, and the Tangerines Captain "General Dogsbody" Gwyn who must have felt he was more like "General Custer" as he went down,waving his white flag, to Piers 007 - 12/21.

The Cocklers will now play the Llanfair Pringlers in the final after they beat the Bethesdaites 5/3 and 162/104 at the Benllech Sand Dune Arena. Best winners were Slinky Garry who won 21/5 and Bucko and Boothi Boy who both won 21/9. After his win Boothi Boy sped off in his reconditioned Morris Minor to play and win 21/12 for Llanfairfechan in their Llandudno and District Division B home match against Llysfaen. What a player, but don't think girlfriend Elen will believe you are constantly late home on Wednesdays cos you'd been washing up in the Penrhos for much longer Boothi.

Before signing off must wish local bowlers Sea Captain Bailey, Happy Harris, nephew Prince Charming and Slinky Garry all the very best for this Sunday coming when they attempt to become the 2018 Senior Welsh Merit Champion at the Brymbo Bowling Club in Wrexham. The Codger will of course be there wearing his "Green Blazer" as of course will be Immaculately Dressed Dave again wearing his pristine white shirt, emblazoned on the right breast with wife ex Chief Inspector Ann's very finest cross stitch embroidery "D T Evans - Wales' Number 1 Referee".

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Brymbo
Brymbo Sports & Social Complex College Hill Tanyfron LL11 5TF 01978 752577
Not afraid to put my name up like some on here. I also have a Hard earned Green Blazer

LLANGAFF

Post by LLANGAFF » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Well it was depressing day in the history of the Beaumaris Bowling Club as Sea Captain Bailey's A team went down at the Happy Valley Nou Camp 4/8( 163/172 on the aggregate), against the Craig y Donners.

And for a second week in a row the Sea Captain was struggling to field a full team even though the B team fielded a full team away in Bala. However to be fair, B team captain Tricky Trev, was also this week struggling to field an experienced team.

Unfortunately the Old Bowls Codger could not help out the A team as he was at the Ravenhead Sports and Social Club in St Helens cheering on Grandson Mattie as he received his trophy and medal for being a member of the very successful Ravenhead under 8's "Storm" team. The Sea Captain must now be getting very disillusioned as he was again without Boss Man Stu, nephew Prince Charming, Stanley the Younger and as a result being one short.

The winners were the Sea Captain who beat the Franciscan 21/7, Happy Harris who beat Andy " The Bread Man" 21/9, my Veterans partner Two Scoops Arfon ( who won his first Saturday match of the season) 21/17 against Goatee Mike and Beautiful Legs Timmy who beat ex Rockford Files star Scott 21/13.

Must give a special thanks, firstly to Paramedic Al who, even though still suffering from sciatica, played through the pain to help the team out before losing 17/21. Also must mention Clogsi,who if his poorly health would have allowed him, would I am sure have tried to play a few ends against "I love my rollies" Fizz, who went on to get a 21/0 walk over win.

But taking nothing away from the Craig y Donners who clearly played well and no doubt deserved their win. Special mention to G W the "Cat Burglar" ( you've just got to dump those beanies Gareth),who must have played well to beat Selectrical Hefin 21/12

So with the A team now in serious threat of relegation I think it is time for the Sea Captain and Tricky Trev to get their heads together to ensure a mutual and sensible solution so that the A team remain a Division 1 team in 2019.

Over in the foothills of Snowdonia the B team had a reasonable result in Bala, losing 4/8 and 172/188 on the aggregate. Winners were Beggers, "Come By" Martin, Robin ( 89 and still playing bowls) Davies and "Banksie" who although in the week a member of Menai Bridge B C, played only her second Saturday game for the Beaumaris Saturday B team to win 21/17. So well played Anne. Also again special thanks to ex Bangor Cricket Club opener Peter Evison ( unfortunately haven't worked out a nick name for him yet), who came in for his first competitive bowls game ever to help the team out and did very well to only lose 11/21.

So like I have said things have got to change and quickly or the Beaumaris Bowling Club are in danger of only having one Saturday team when the 2019 season begins.
Last edited by LLANGAFF on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LLANGAFF

Post by LLANGAFF » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 am

Well it's the "big one" today with the Men's Senior Merit Finals set to."bowl off" at the Brymbo Sports and Social Club in Wrexham at 10.30 am.

The Old Bowls Codger will shortly be donning his "Green Blazer" and setting off in the Picasso from his daughter's house in Prescot on Merseyside to support President Brenda Jones on her big day and also to cheer on nephew Prince Charming against ex British Junior Champion Andrew Armstrong in the opening match.

Must also wish Happy Harris, Sea Captain Bailey, Slinky Garry and the other Gwynedd players the best of luck in the competition. The best match of the first round should be between ex Champions and finalists at the 2015 Merit Finals at the Benllech Sand Dune Arena, namely Leighton or is it Keiron no definitely Leighton and Slats. And it gets no better for the winner in the next round as he could then face three times Champion "John Boy"

So with the weather looking as if it is going to be favourable why not come over and watch what no doubt will be a great days bowling and of course to also watch Wales Number I Referee "Immaculately Dressed Dave" in action.

Hopefully my old mate the Clog Man will have been able to cadge a lift and get over to Brymbo, although no doubt if he does make it he will be disappearing to the Pavilion at 1.00 pm to cheer on Panama against England

Hopefully therefore see many of you later.

newshound

Post by newshound » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 am

Looks like it's going to be a cracking day for the finals borat .There is a peter evison who's a former world match play darts champion don't suppose it's him.Sure Mr D T "a result" Evans will be on top of his game and will not need to refer to VAR .Come on conwys christiaaaaaan Pattinson all the best lad
The Real Conwy N Jones

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Thought there might bit an update by now
Not afraid to put my name up like some on here. I also have a Hard earned Green Blazer

cooperman

Post by cooperman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Been a poor show all day, there has been a page for the Shropshire merit running all day with scores updating every 2 minutes.

http://bowlingresults.co.uk/scgba/
Blue Moon Rising

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:08 pm

cooperman wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 pm
Been a poor show all day, there has been a page for the Shropshire merit running all day with scores updating every 2 minutes.

Yes agree with you there it is simple to do, I'm only sorry that I can no longer get to these games otherwise it would be on the same as Shropshire, They run the Leagues and comps far better than us with lots of up to date info.

The WCGBA is a waste of space

BARRY HARRIS

Post by BARRY HARRIS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

cooperman wrote:

Maybe you and Glyn should go and watch these games, it wasn't that far for you to travel.

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

BARRY HARRIS wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm
cooperman wrote:

Maybe you and Glyn should go and watch these games, it wasn't that far for you to travel.
Read my post. I can't get to them any more due to domestic circumstances and I've been to more than you and refereed and officiated at a lot, your only just turned 60 in another 20 years you will understand