Arthur Ollerton

Guzzieboy

Arthur Ollerton

Post by Guzzieboy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 am

I have just heard the very sad news that Arthur Ollerton, who played for Rhos Park, passed away this morning.
RIP ATO

spike
Site Admin

Re: Arthur Ollerton

Post by spike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:59 pm

I am very sorry to hear that news, we had some good tussles over the years, Arthur played hard but always with grace and good manners.
Mike Ormond

davewms

Post by davewms » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Arthur Ollerton

LLandudno Bowling Club and its members send their sincere condolences on the passing of one of the nicest
people to grace this great game, always very competitive but a real gent and a fantastic ambassador for bowls
in our leagues. Arthur will be sadly missed by all who were lucky enough to have spent time in his company.
Our thoughts are with Arthur's family and close friends, RIP Arthur.

broberts

RIP - Arthur Ollerton

Post by broberts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:22 pm

I am sorry to learn of the passing of Arthur.

We go back a very long time from the days when Rhos Park had an Arthur Ollerton Snr and Arthur Ollerton Jnr.

Arthur was a very friendly bowler and popular with everyone.

I can also remember doing business with Arthur when he had a printing business at the top of all those stairs above JD Jones, Manager, of the Halifax Building Society in Penrhyn Road, Colwyn Bay.

I thought Arthur never played for any other bowling club other than Rhos Park until my good lady just reminded me she played alongside Arthur in the Queen’s Road Wednesday team during the early eighties.

My condolences to Jackie and family.

RIP Arthur Ollerton Jnr.
Brian Roberts WL00913

Honorary Life Member, Gwynedd CGBA
Former Chairman, Gwynedd CGBA
Former Development Officer, Gwynedd CGBA
Former WCGBA Development Officer
Former WCGBA National Coach
Former WCGBA Auditor
Welsh Senior International 1972-1997

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Sorry to here this sad news, Met Arthur a few times around the Greens and as said a true Gentleman.

R I P
Not afraid to put my name up like some on here. I also have a Hard earned Green Blazer

geraint jones

Post by geraint jones » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:29 pm

As my Good Lady has always said.......A Gentleman and a lovely Man

A true Rhos Park stalwart ......and as Brian stated......those stairs to collect the annual score cards were a bloody long way.......and sure some will remember the days in his white coat and cap giving the odd freebie on the ' busiest ' gate on county cricket days ;) ;)

Had the pleasure of sitting with him only last Sunday week in The Royal Box at Allanson Road for the Binns Cup Final........quite fitting in my view and he was still reading and understanding the game, which was as per norm for Arthur!

Have to mention also as the last 24hrs has been very very sad!........ Arthur's banter buddy for many a year The Newshound has sadly lost his younger brother...... 'little Eric' as known to the Cae Derw clang........and sure Neil sends his condolences also to Jackie and all the family

RIP Arthur and Eric.....the pain has now gone but many thanks for the memories!
Full permission is granted to copy post to Facebook

LLANGAFF

Post by LLANGAFF » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:34 pm

Yes on behalf of the Beaumaris Bowling Club I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Arthur's wife Jackie and the rest of the Ollerton family for their sad loss. Arthur was a true gentleman who bore his illness over the last few years with great dignity, especially so over the last few months when he came to the green side as a supporter of the game he enjoyed and loved so much. Ever since I, Mike Ormond, Ken Parry, Barry Harris, Andrew Stanley and many others from the Beaumaris Bowling Club came up to Division 1 of the Coast League many years ago, Arthur and his great pals Colin Evans and the late John Bray, were even then three of the main pillars on which the great Rhos Park Bowling Club were built on. Like Mike has said in his previous post many of us as players, not only had some great tussle's with Arthur on the bowling green, especially in the 00's when Beaumaris and Rhos Park regularly vied for the Division 1 title, but we also had some enjoyable chats with him afterwards. Yes indeed a very sad day for the North Wales Bowling fraternity.

RIP Arthur.
Last edited by LLANGAFF on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

newshound

Post by newshound » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am

What a great guy was young Arthur and will I'm sure be sorely missed by all in the bowls world His brother in law Tudor rd me of a time a few years passed when ATO went to the doctors and as he read his file the doctor remarked on how well Arthur looked for his age Arthur said he tried to keep fit and played a lot of bowls and enjoyed walking .Oh sorry said the GP I've got your dad's file .A very sad week for the newshound and thanks for the kind words wigger much appreciated but I'm sure Arthur's wife Jackie and family and myself are relieved they are now both pain free and up there playing bowls and in Eric's case snooker with their dad's Will miss them both so much
The Real Conwy N Jones

LLANGAFF

Post by LLANGAFF » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Not sure if it is appropriate to list the Ollerton's address on Facebook, but am sure that many people, like myself, would wish to send cards of condolence to Jackie and the family. So if possible I would be grateful if someone that I am friends with on Facebook could, if they know it, private message me the address.

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Sent a private message on here Dave
Not afraid to put my name up like some on here. I also have a Hard earned Green Blazer